Built on a site donated by the Duke of Portland, the Creswell Public Baths were built by the Miner’s Welfare Fund in 1924 to serve the local community for not only recreational facilities but also as slipper baths for the many homes that did not have bathrooms at that date.
The core of the building is of Art Deco design and was originally centred around a ‘T’ shaped single storey aspect with exposed brickwork and stone dressings. However, the current form has since changed with extensions to the side and rear together with the front facade having a white rendered finish.
Prior to its closure in 2016, the building was configured internally to provide an 18-metre deck level swimming pool, a pair of squash courts, a sauna, a range of fitness suites together with the requisite male, female and disabled changing facilities.
Chris Keogh, senior surveyor at BB&J Commercial commented, “Since the closure of the leisure centre the building has fallen into disrepair however given the scale of the property and the site which it occupies there is a clearly a great deal of potential on offer here. Given the buildings adaptability we would expect interest from all quarters with parties seeking to either occupy, convert or redevelop the site and as such we are inviting interest on an all enquiries basis.”
To receive further information on this property or to discuss an existing requirement please do not hesitate to contact the office on 01332 292825 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org